Friday, February 24, 2012

Sheldon Tries A New Brand Of Crazy

Big Bang Theory, S05E18

I always thought that if Sheldon stopped controlling the world so much and acted a little looser, he might not be such a nuisance.  This week he proved that he has no limit to the kind of menace he can be.  I'm not sure which Sheldon I like more:  the one who upholds the roommate agreement as if it were state law, or the one who bongos himself all the way down the stairs.  Actually, maybe I do like the latter better because irritation is a given with Sheldon, so you might as well take his version of "fancy-free" and get used to the sounds of bongos at night.
I don't have much to say about the rest of the episode (Howard's training at NASA was amusing enough, but not really worth mentioning).  I am just surprised that Penny could cut Sheldon's hair well enough that he could semi-compliment her.  I thought she might make him look even dorkier than he already did for a man his age.  It was good that Sheldon's sensitive neck made her screw up, but you can hardly blame her for that (as long as you're not Sheldon).  It would have been too unnatural for this show if everything worked out so perfectly.

This week's episode wasn't bad, but there wasn't anything too incredible to discuss this time.  I won't hold it against this show because their stories are pretty consistently wacky.  Next week's will probably be more to my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment