Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Only Good Couple Is Jess And Nick!

New Girl, S01E22


Nick somehow thought that in light of his friends all having good relationships in their lives, he would start to grow tomatoes.  After Nick scrapped that idea, he came to terms with losing Winston as the friend who could share the crappy life that they used to have.  Jess invited Oulie to dinner with she and Russell and noticed that they still had a passion between them that was lacking in her own relationship.  Russell no longer wanted such a relationship anymore, but Jess realized that she did and broke it off with him.  Jess then got into a ridiculously heated fight with Nick after she saw that he hooked up with his old flame again.  Cece tried to cut Schmidt loose, and her roommate Nadia took him out.  Schmidt ended up in the hospital with a broken penis, and Cece couldn't hold back her feelings anymore and told him that she liked him.

Nick and tomatoes...  All I could think about when he said he was growing them was the time when he had that cactus that he massacred.  He has no business even being in the same space with house plants or plants grown for food.  It was disgusting how he was watering them through his mouth.  I can't imagine how he thinks that farming was the way to go.  He was cute, though, when he threatened Winston with the pitchfork and later when he was throwing away his scarecrow and beating it with a bat.

Concerning Winston, he was insufferable with his constant talk of Shelby!  You can't blame Nick for getting a little irritated that every other word out of his friend's mouth was about how much he and Shelby were in love.  Geez!  Calm your ass down, Winston!  You guys haven't even been dating that long, and I can't possibly see it just being as perfect as it has been so far (I say that because in reality Winston should have never gotten a chance with her in the first place).  If only Nick had ran him through with the pitchfork.  Shut up, Winston!

I like that Jess is so talented in creating awkward situations.  In what planet is it a good idea to invite your boyfriend's ex to dinner with you?  There's no reason that Oulie and Jess need to be friends (despite their naked hug at the gym).  In fact, I thought that Oulie didn't even like Jess after the debacle with Sarah, but I guess that wasn't the case at all.  I thought that Jess would end up driving Russell crazy by agreeing to have Oulie around, but instead she started to see that the two still had something between them.  It was embarrassing to watch Jess try to get under Russell's skin like Oulie did just so she could feel some passion.  She just seemed like a child trying to make her father mad or something.  You couldn't pay me to watch that scene again.  But I was really happy to see Jess reasonably let Russel go.  It's true that passion is often overrated, but I also agree with Jess that it's worth it sometimes even if it's painful and harder than whatever it was that she and Russell had.  Yes!  Now maybe Jess could get with Nick!

I was disappointed that Nick, after listening to Winston's bliss of "sandwiches and sex," decided that he should get back with Caroline.  No!!  My God, he is on a roll with the stupid ideas!  Tomatoes and then his old girlfriend??  There is seriously something wrong with him.  I don't know if Nick should be allowed into society because he's missing a crucial part of his brain for decision-making.  The only good thing about that hookup was that Jess and Nick got into a huge fight about it.  And in doing so, you could see the passion between them that Jess was looking for.  Of course, neither she or Nick noticed it, but I'm pretty sure that most viewers saw it.  My favorite part of their fight was the end where they were shaking their butts at each other to the point that they were competing for who could move their ass their fastest.  That was crazy funny.  Oh, when will they see that they are perfect for each other in an insane kind of way?

Whether Cece and Schmidt are perfect for each other is still debatable.  I can see how Cece might like Schmidt's personality, but he still makes me queasy with his dirty talk.  I was a little glad that his date with Nadia didn't go so well, and he ended up in the hospital.  Nadia is crazy, though.  But she was funny when she was saying "Mick Mouse" and Schmidt was yelling at her that he had no idea who that was.  How could you not get that was Mickey Mouse?  I was surprised it took him so long to understand, but I wasn't surprised that Nadia's sex was too rough even for Schmidt.  Geez.  At least it gave Winston a way to torture him at the end.

I would say this episode was good because I got to see Nick acting crazy in a new farmer way and Jess finally ended it with Russell.  I'll miss the man-crush that Nick had on him and the possible influence to achieve he could have had on him.  Now that Winston has gotten so annoyingly happy with Shelby, I really hope that they have some kind of conflict soon.  Winston is the type that needs to be grounded.  Cece and Schmidt...  I just hope Cece admitting that she likes him doesn't become something she regrets.  And I really hope that Jess and Nick start to see they could be great for each other.  If Nick has really gotten back with his ex, I'm going to punch the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment