Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hello, Martin Channing!

2 Broke Girls, S02E01


Strangely, I was comforted to see this show back on, and I looked forward to the season premiere on Monday (especially because HIMYM wasn't too funny and I checked out a lukewarm premiere of Partners before).  It took me a moment to get used to all the dirty jokes crammed into a thirty minute show, but I was laughing a hell of a lot more watching Max and Caroline attend an estate auction for the Channing house.  They went because Caroline's father wanted Caroline to win an item back for herself.  It wasn't the best story I've ever seen, but after the rest of the crap I had watched on CBS that night, it was pretty entertaining in comparison.

First of all, we got to see Martin Channing's face for the first time.  What I loved most about that was that Max was charmed by him to the point that she was saying things like she would be Caroline's stepmother one day.  Although it's a little creepy for your friend to be hitting on your father, I just love Max in general, so I couldn't help but think that it would be actually kinda interesting if she did seriously go for Mr. Channing.  I hope that they will, despite Caroline being a little disillusioned by him, continue to visit him in prison together so I can see Max bat her eyes at him and promise to do whatever he asks of her.

It would have been nice if there really was money in that trophy that Max and Caroline spent 200 bucks getting back, but that would be a little too good for them.  I mean, the show is about them being broke, so it wouldn't be good if they suddenly had a bunch of money.  I would have said that it was a rip that they had to go to the auction in the first place if it wasn't for them meeting Hamish there.  His character (along with his ridiculous dog, Pickle) were the highlight of this episode for me.  I wish he could appear again because he was an unlikely and pleasant antagonist for the two.  The best line of the episode came from him and Max:
[Hamish] I'm a paddle bitch.
[Max] I'm a bitch bitch.
I was wondering in the first place who would want someone's trophy for their own (I mean, it has someone else's name inscribed on it) until Hamish said he was going to have his dog bathe in it.  Ridiculous.  But I loved Hamish.  Really made me appreciate this show and the random people that Caroline and Max meet.

This episode felt like it took away a bit of the stomachache I got from watching the shows the preceded it last night.  Sure, it wasn't brilliant or really inventive or anything, but it made me laugh a hell of a lot more than anything else.  So happy this show is still on the air--I think it'll be really useful to provide me with a little bit of the comedy that's missing for me on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment