Friday, October 19, 2012

Leslie And Safe Sex, Tom and Technology

Parks and Recreation, S05E04


Leslie wanted to teach the elderly community about safer sex, but was shut down by some morality watchdogs of Pawnee.  Tom, after a car accident, was ordered to spend time away from his technology and sought help from Ron to get through his hardship.  April and Ben also wondered if the congressman they worked for was a robot.

Instead of speaking much about each of the stories specifically, I'll mostly just mention my favorite lines.  I did, however, like the story about Ron and Tom the best because Tom was going crazy without being able to text and all of his other things.  One of my favorite moments was when he was trying to recreate his favorite internet venues and devices, such as pinterest.  He just looked so pathetic tapping pictures he had put on a real board and hoping that something cool (like on the actual site) would happen.  However, his best recreation had to be when he tried his hand with his iPhone:
[Tom] I made an iPhone out of paper.  It's not the same, though.
[Ron] This is the work of a lunatic.
It was equally as funny when Ron was able to make progress with Tom's addiction when Tom admitted that he needed some help:
I'm proud of you.  But also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call "feelings territory."  So let's stare at the fire in silence.
I also love when Tom went to apologize to Ron for damaging his car and Ron silently stood up:
What are you doing?  Are you going to kill me?
 I really love when Ron and Tom get together because they are really like opposites at times and it can't be a better setup for some comedy there.

Donna also had a great line (she usually does, but she's usually beat by even funnier lines) when commenting on Ann's clothes:
It's not my favorite shirt, but it is my least favorite shirt.
I love her tell-it-how-it-is attitude.  I would totally be friends with her.

Finally, I liked when Leslie was still acting like Chris was her boss:
[Leslie] You’re my boss, what do I do here?
[Chris]  Actually, you’re my boss now.
[Leslie]  That’s right! Why am I still weirdly scared of you?
[Chris] I’ve very confident and I make a lot of eye contact.
God, I can't imagine if Chris wasn't around.  He is always saying great things like that! He's a mess, but he somehow makes it work.

I think I really loved this episode because Tom's struggle without his Twitter and Facebook and such was just too funny and the other stories with it were funny as well.  I just wish there were some funnier lines from Ben and April's story (which was funnier in what was happening more than what was being said), but I'll not let that really affect my overall wonderful opinion.  Love this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment