Thursday, October 11, 2012

Maybe My Favorite One Yet

Bob's Burgers, S03E02
 
 
Teddy threw a Halloween party and kept all of his guests there to find out which of them killed his pet guinea pig.  The kids went trick-or-treating for the first time by themselves and went out to King's Head island in search of better candy.  They got their wish, but were in danger of being pranked by the local high school kids.

I didn't care much for the story about Teddy and his "murder mystery" party.  It was basically just him being stupid and Bob trying to lie himself out of a bad situation, but eventually coming clean.  I guess if I had to say something that was slightly amusing, it would be that Teddy was really harsh on the mailman with uneven legs and called him "Wobbles" at one point.

I liked the experience that the kids had in King's Head.  Not only did they get to enjoy having full-sized candy bars over there, but unlike their parents, the kids over there could recognize what their costumes were.  Edward Scissorshands is a pretty cool costume, by the way, and Gene's Queen Latifah U.N.I.T.Y. days costums also gets some props.  Then I just liked that things took a turn for the worst (as I would assume because these kids can't stay away from trouble) when the teenagers came out for Hell Hunt.  It was funny that they were known for throwing balloons filled with pee at the younger kids, among other unpleasant things.  I'm a little surprised that Tina stopped Gene and Louise when they had an opportunity to make a clean getaway and was more surprised that they didn't end up getting drenched in pee balloons because of her conscience getting in the way.  Luckily, these kids were sort of smart enough to lure the dumb boys away with a phony text from a girl.  Actually, I should say that Louise was the smart one until she took it too far.  But I'm sort of glad she did because putting hot sauce in kids' underwear is great idea.  Too bad only one of the boys was wearing underwear.  They were also lucky that when their prank on the teenagers was discovered that the friends they had saved came to save them.  Full circle.  Nicely done.

This wasn't a bad episode, and I usually think the opposite when watching the show.  I'm nowhere near love or anything (I can't see that happening), but I guess even this show can surprise me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment