Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Double-D's And The Ditz

2 Broke Girls, S02E04


Caroline convinced Max to go on one of her favorite shows, Cupcake Wars, and the two gおt picked for an audition competition.  Although they were a bit confident and relaxed while making their audition tape, they were a disaster in front of the camera.

Even though I'm aware of the show they tried to get on, it never popped in my head that Max and Caroline would try to be on it.  It makes a lot of sense, and I think the idea of it was pretty good.  I think more than anything that necessarily happened, there were a lot of funny lines.  One of such was when Caroline asked Max what kind of show it was (although it feels self-explanatory):
I thought Google eliminated the need to ask questions out loud, but fine.
Hilarious.  I would like to say that to someone at some point because in this day and age, really?  I mean, use the damn technology that's at hand.

I also applaud when Max was doing some alterations to the shirts that Caroline had made for them:
[Caroline] Max, what are you doing?
[Max] Crew necks are for squares and mormons.
[Caroline] Oh, cute! Should we do mine?
[Max] I don’t know.  If you have no car, why open the garage?
This joke about Caroline being flat (or rather Max being busty) continued later on when they were assesed by the talent producer of the show:
[Janis] You’re edgy with big boobs.  You’re the “try hard.”
[Caroline] I’m sorry, I’m the what?
[Janis] That’s your brand.  The muscle and the hustle.  The double-d’s and the ditz.
[Caroline] I went to Wharton. I’m not a ditz.
[Max] Well you ain’t the double-d’s. Can you believe she openly commented on m’goods?
That would be a hilarious name for their cupcake business.  No one would take them seriously and some people might not exactly understand the product they were trying to sell, but at least they would grab some attention for their business.  I would just be happy not to be called stupid like Caroline, despite someone was judging me just because of the size of my chest.  But hey, it's just like Max said about people being judgmental while watching TV.  It's pretty much a given, especially with reality TV.

 I'm not surprised when push came to shove, Max got stage fright and Caroline showed that she doesn't know a damn thing about baking.  But it's too bad Max's chicken and waffles idea for a cupcake didn't bear any fruit.  But perhaps someone will eat in in the diner now that Max has put them in the restaurant.

This was a pretty good episode.  I can't say that it was a waste of time for the girls because, like Sophie had implied, there is really no easy way to making it big (for most people anyway), and they'll need to do things like working for just the connections before they start getting paid the big bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment