Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Never Let Fischoeder In

Bob's Burgers, S03E06

Bob convinced Mr. Fischoeder to buy a mechanical shark from an old movie to use as an attraction at his park.  After the kids knocked over the shark, letting it loose to rampage on the streets, Bob took responsibility to stop it before it destroyed the town.

There were two things that really annoyed me with this story.  The first was Mr. Fischoeder.  I'm starting to think that whenever he appears that means there is going to be trouble for Bob in the disguise of something profitable.  Bob could have gotten some good publicity for his restaurant, being the person behind the idea for the shark attraction, but of course, Mr. Fischoeder (I'm gonna call him Mr. F out of convenience) barely even let him have that.  Then he just threw him under the bus as the one responsible for the shark going around town breaking things.  Technically, Bob's kids did knock the thing over, but it wasn't Bob who didn't make sure that there was someone to properly operate the thing.  Man, Mr. F is such an asshole.  The other asshole was Hugo.  Wow.  While offering no solutions to put an end to the shark, he was full of criticisms.  I really wanted him to shut up or get "eaten" by the shark.  Nothing worse than someone wanting to complain about an issue but not wanting to help make it any better.  Plus, his voice just makes it worse (although I enjoyed that voice in Home Movies).

The only thing I could say that I liked about this story was near the beginning when Bob was trying to remove a bike that had been parked on the street too long.  The owner didn't appreciate Bob doing so and tried to prove his point of ownership through showing his ass as a receipt:
[Bob] That's not a receipt.
[Louise] Where do you shop??
That was about the only good thing I found in this episode.  I sort of appreciated the fact that they were sort of spoofing Jaws, but it wasn't as if this was a really good spoof or anything.  It was just an obvious one.

Not a terrible story, but far from one of my favorites.  I'm really starting to hate Mr. F and am over seeing him for a while.  Hugo isn't someone I want to see very often either, but at least he's more of an irritating fly that won't go away rather than a wolf in sheep's clothing (Mr. F really "f's" Bob over when he gets involved with him).  I didn't mind the spoofing, but I didn't think it was the best parody of Jaws that I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment