Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Again?

The Cleveland Show, S04E04


Cleveland changed his mind about making Junior kill a turkey and helped his son try to protect all the turkeys left that Lester was trying to kill and sell.  Donna agreed to help Rallo decorate a float for the parade, but soon pushed him out of the process when she found out that it was for a competition.

I was a little surprised that they did another story that was about Thanksgiving, although this one was a lot more about the holiday than the previous one.  It's rare for a show to do that.  Either they do a nod to the holiday and move on or they chose not to do it at all.  It also didn't help that Thanksgiving was already over and I wasn't expecting anymore stories about it.  However, it wasn't too bad.

Although I say that, there is much that I particularly liked about this episode (but there wasn't anything that I particularly hated either).  My favorite quote was when Junior was trying to defend turkeys by saying that Ben Franklin thought they were noble and Cleveland said:
Benjamin Franklin was an atheist pedophile who flew kites to meet children.  That’s why God struck him with lightning.
There's something really funny about making up your own horrible story about a historical figure (although, there's no concrete evidence to prove that it's wrong).  The part at the end where he claims that even his contributions to electricity were just a fluke from divine punishment also makes me laugh.

As far as Donna and Rallo's story went, I did like when Rallo was trying to decorate the float just as a boy his age typically would with odd coloring, googly eyes, and macaroni.  There's nothing more I love than being reminded that Rallo is just a kid.  Because when he decides to be one, he's really childlike.  However, there wasn't enough of him to really make the story great.  It was just all right.

I probably still like this Thanksgiving story better than the Auntie-Mama one.  It wasn't really funny, but at least it wasn't frustrating to watch (or disgusting).  It just had stories you could watch without really reacting to them much, which for this show is sort of a success.  I dislike when I have to list all the things that made me want to shoot the TV screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment