Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ya'll Messed Up The Grinch Story

Family Guy, S11E05


The man responsible for shooting Joe and paralyzing him escaped from the police after finally being caught after 15 years, and Peter volunteered himself and Quagmire to help Joe find him and bring him to justice.

The moment that Joe started talking about Briggs, I was like um, I thought the damn Grinch was the one that put him in a wheelchair.  Family Guy, however, is pretty good at addressing new stories that contradict old ones, so Joe explained that the Grinch story was just a coverup for the real story.  Boo!  I loved that the Grinch was the one that hurt him.  With that in mind, I couldn't really get into this story where Joe was trying to find Briggs.  Instead, I was just hoping he would capture him quickly and perhaps that would lead to a better story.  No such luck.

I think I disliked the stripper club part the worst where we saw a pair of twins that were fathered by Quagmire.  Ugh.  The last thing I want to see is a female version of Quagmire grinding up a man, saying his catchphrase.  I really wish he would use a condom sometime and stop having so many random children all around the world.  It was also sick that Quagmire made Tanya spit up in the air and catch it back in her mouth.  So freaking gross.  I had to look away before she caught it because that's the kind of thing that sickens me even if it's not real.

Also, when Brian was freaking fondling Lois' breasts--come on!  He needs to cut that shit out!  I'm glad that Lois woke up and didn't just overlook him acting like such a pervert.  Man, they really need to get him a damn girlfriend so he can stop drooling over Lois.  It's like his obsession with her gets worse and worse.  I seriously don't want to see that part again.

If I had to pick the part that was the funniest, it might be when Joe had shot Briggs in the legs and saw that he had killed him instead of just wounded him.  Quagmire very casually just slid over Briggs' body with his foot and said they could just kick him into Mexico like he wasn't even a person.  That was so wrong.  It was also messed up that Joe just killed the guy with no repercussions, but I guess that's not really shocking where this show is concerned.  A lot of people die and the other characters simply shrug about it.

All in all, this wasn't one of my favorite episodes by far. I guess there wasn't much hope for it since it was centered around Joe in the first place.  I can't think of any episode off the top of my head that was good where he was the main focus.  I'd also like to see even less of Brian sleazing on Lois if possible.  If not, there needs to be another story where Peter kicks his ass because Brian crosses the line too much.  Wish it was funny when he did, but it's far from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment