Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cupcake Bitches Versus The Serial Killer Puppeteer

2 Broke Girls, S02E17


Max had a great idea to rename her cupcakes to bring in a lot of hipster customers into their shop, but a puppeteer performing outside of their business was driving people away.  After trying to convince J.Petto to move his puppetry show somewhere else, he ended coming into the cupcake shop and slipping on a cupcake.  His fall broke his favorite puppet, Pierre, and Max and Caroline soon found themselves being sued by the man for damages to it.

The girls versus Andy Dick as this nutty puppeteer was sort of funny.  From the beginning he was a little off, and the girls had a hard time dealing with him.  I knew with his crazy behind the girls wouldn't be rid of him so easily, but I didn't think that he would try and sue them.  I can't believe that they had to pay him a grand to try and shut him up.  Of course, since he wasn't living a fabulous lifestyle, it wasn't a surprise that once Caroline and Max paid him, he wanted more.  He was being a greedy jerk, but I couldn't hate him because seeing him in his apartment filled with puppets (the "dead body car wash" as Max put it), I couldn't help but pity him.  He didn't have anyone but his freaky little puppets.

I didn't know if the girls could get out of the situation until I saw Max take Pierre hostage.  She shocked me by going further and making the puppet hump with some naked dolls.  I loved that this was enough to make J.Petto cave into them.  They were pretty smart to use that disturbing display as a threat to his business.  I'm pretty sure that people would want to avoid him knowing that he was going around using his puppets in some kind of sexual play.  I liked how much that got to J.Petto.  Serves his money-grubbing ass right.

What I liked best about this episode, though, was just Max calling J.Petto a serial killer.  She kept alluding to the fact that they were getting closer and closer to ending up as his victims.  It made J.Petto seem all the more unbalanced and funny that they kept getting more and more involved with him.  I halfway expected Max to be right in the end.  That would have been a hilarious ending (providing they didn't get hurt, of course).

I liked this episode, even though I'm not much of an Andy Dick fan.  However, I think that his role as an annoying puppeteer really suited him, and he made an entertaining adversary to the girls.  However, he did make them lose a grand for nearly nothing more than a lesson about the necessity of having a friend to tell you when you're wasting your life on a bad idea.  If that's all he's going to add to the value of the show, I really hope that his appearance is just a one-shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment