Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Andy Is Kind Of A Sicko

Cougar Town, S03E01

 I didn't have an episode of New Girl to enjoy this week, so I hoped that Tuesday night's void might be lessened by some of the wackiness up in ol' Cougar Town (actually, what city in Florida does it take place?). Such was not meant to be.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a shipwreck, but it wasn't as great as it could have been.

Why?  Well, for one, Travis got hurt, which meant we had to listen to him whine for a bit and watch Jules mother him even more than she usually does.  The only good thing about them going to the hospital was that we learned that no one in their gang knows one damn thing about Tom besides that he lives in their neighborhood.  He was a doctor whom no one knew even his last name!  This is the first episode I felt like they were the jerks, and anything creepy Tom did he could get a free pass.

Besides learning how much of a background character Tom was not only to us but to his fellow characters, we also learned that Andy has been regularly spying on Grayson.  It's times like this that I'm reminded that Andy isn't just an awkward and childish man, but he's also creepy and evil (torturing Grayson about his dwindling affection from Jules).  His ultimate man-crush is unquestionable Bobby, but now I'm starting to think that if he were given the opportunity, he might get into Grayson's pants too.  Seriously, who watches someone so consistently from their own window and comes into his fiancee's house to watch him?  Granted all of the gang just comes and goes as they please, but they usually don't hide behind chairs.

Given that Andy is someone I would cross a street to avoid, he was right about how much Grayson wanted a little loving from Jules, and it showed in humorous ways.  It's funny how Grayson used to be so cold, but now he can start rubbing Andy's shoulders without stopping himself right away.  Andy was a little more into it than he needed to be, going back to what I was saying before about him.

That gag with the dogs...  I'm not an animal person so it just pissed me off.  It was funny in the sense that it was cute, but it wasn't funny in the sense that I laughed.  And whose dogs were those?  Do they just all gather there at the park all day long?

There wasn't much Ellie time in this episode, sadly.  However, she did manage to squeeze out one good line:
I miss being a ho.
 Laurie welcomes her back anytime.  Ha.

When are we going to see more of Demon Baby Stan??  He's probably my new favorite character.  If not, the Ellie supply needs to be higher and the coddling-Travis time needs to be way down.  And Jules didn't even get crazy this episode, now that I think about it.  We need that!  Next week better have a better ratio of these things I just mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment