Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Who Cares About Caroline's Birthday?

2 Broke Girls, S01E18

Mainly because this was a Caroline-centered episode, I didn't particularly like it.  It was her birthday, and she hooked up with a pretty fine web designer.  Just like the party that Max planned with pretty much only balloons as decorations, there were some things lacking this week.

What comes to mind is that there wasn't enough Sophie.  Her best moment was when she was eating a cupcake and ogling Caroline and the hottie making out.  We've also come to expect her to reject Oleg for a good minute or two, and this time she barely had a few seconds to send him an insult.  Dang.  And there was no interaction between she and Earl this time.  Double-dang!  The fact that she hooked up with Oleg was almost gross except that Oleg thankfully didn't go around bragging about it in the nastiest way possible.  Dodged a bullet there.  I wonder if that will be the end of their fooling around or will it progress beyond just "hand stuff."

It was also pretty predictable that the reason Caroline didn't want to celebrate her birthday was because she wouldn't be able to spend it with her dad.  When isn't it about her dad??  Like, there needs to be a limit to how much of a daddy's girl she is.  It's getting a little annoying.  We did get to see a glimpse of him, but I wasn't straining my eyes (or going back a few seconds) to see what he really looked like.  It's not really that important to the story.

If I have to be truthful, besides the extremely ghetto lady with the dreads, my favorite thing about Monday's story was the Capri Suns.  I love these and when Max said that she was going to have them at the party, I totally thought she was joking.  But they were all drinking them!  And Oleg's call for all the party members to "raise their capri to the sun" was excellent.  Seriously, back in the day I used to drink those things like water and inhale them as quickly as air.  This episode didn't have much to offer, but I respect a good shout-out to my favorite portable drink.

I wonder what kind of business they will get after that website is up and running.  I'm hoping that whatever mishap it will bring will be up to my standards.  A reference to Capri Suns can only get you so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment