Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bringing Sexy To The Courtroom

How I Met Your Mother, S08E08


Marshall tried to prove that Brad's company had polluted Frog Lake, but Brad's sexy techniques were swaying both the jury and judge against Marshall's favor.  Ted, Lily, Robin, and Barney tried to determine who was the biggest badass as a teenager.  Robin and Barney tried to pretend that their awkward kiss never happened.

I can't help but love every second that Joe Manganiello was in this episode--he's not just good to look at but funny as a stupid ass.  I knew that Marshall was fighting for a good cause against some irresponsible people, but I still wanted Brad to win with his cheap tactics.  I think my favorite Brad move was his little video of Frog Lake where he was playing a saxophone and chilling in the water.  Plus, he was wearing no more than a wife beater and trunks and no less than his trunks.  You gotta love that.  It was just a really dumb video that was obvious attempt to win over the horny women on the jury.  I'm sort of surprised that they had an all-woman jury--why did it turn out that way?  Whatever the reason, Brad had everyone eating out of the palm of his hand, including the judge who seemed to be a little in the closet.  I loved when Marshall was about to turn the tables on the case and asked Brad to take his shirt off, which was given the green light eagerly by the judge.  So Marshall actually was able to use Brad's sexiness a little to his advantage.  Nice.

What was even nicer was that Marshall's win led to Brad quitting with that pharmaceutical company and joining Marshall's firm!  Yes!  Maybe we will see Brad again!  And although he's sort of a sneaky and cheap lawyer, at least his semi-effective moves will be used to help the environment instead of helping scumbag companies get away with stuff.  I have to say that I agree a little bit with Marshall that it is a bit of joke to only fine them 25 grand when they are clearly harming animals, but then again, to ruin a company with a huge multimillion blow when they hadn't exactly been blowing up bunnies with dynamite or something is maybe a little too much.  But I think they should have at least gotten a million dollar fine to make the issue seem serious.  25 grand is probably something the executives at that company spend on a car or other "toys."

I didn't care too much about the competition of who was the biggest troublemaker in the day because we all know that these guys are certified dorks.  However, when Lily told her story, I did sort of believe her because she's never hid the fact that she's a crazy-ass bitch.  I also just liked seeing Lily looking so pale and with dark makeup while she slapped cops and carried a bat.  They should show more flashbacks of that.

Barney and Robin were frustrating with their forced pleasantries.  Thankfully, Barney told Robin that he was just going to stop wasting his time trying to get her.  That is what any sane person would do.  Geez.  Robin is ridiculous.  She's not going to find a better match than Barney, but she just keeps on pushing him away.  So I guess it's up to her now to show that she actually wants Barney at some point?  I'm trusting that Barney really means what he says and isn't going to backtrack unless Robin proves her love for him.  I'm a little annoyed that they're wasting time when their attraction is so obvious, but this show is all about milking it, so I can't say that I'm surprised.

It's a no-brainer that I'm most excited to see what Brad will be up to at Marshall's firm.  I don't really care what Joe Manganiello is doing in any episode as long as he's there and possibly showing off his guns at least.  Haha.  Robin needs to hurry up and get with the program.  The viewers deserve to see Barbin become a real thing and not just a daydream we keep getting teased with.

No comments:

Post a Comment