Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Johnny And Max Never Meant To Be

2 Broke Girls, S02E10


Caroline and Max threw a party, celebrating the opening of their cupcake shop.  Max invited several of her ex-boyfriends to tell them to "suck it," including Johnny who she started seeing again to Caroline's dismay.

Wow, they have got the store ready really quickly!  I thought we might see a little more in-progress stories before we saw the cupcake shop actually set up for people to walk through there.  But it's not bad that things are moving faster than I expected.  I'm just glad that the party they threw was a success and it was mostly Max's choice to see Johnny again that brought the most trouble.

One of my favorite things in the episode was Max's "suck it" face.  I absolutely loved that face she made.  It was the perfection expression to really stick it to anyone that had crossed her in the past.  It's just too bad she didn't really get to use it in the right way on either of her exes.  In fact, Johnny found it to be a turn on.  I can't say that I'm surprised about that.  It was more of a confident, sexy look than a bitchy, ugly look.

It was also funny that Caroline and Max kept ignoring Han, who couldn't get into the party.  The best part of Han's struggles was when the doorman said they were at capacity, and then Robbie got into the party without more than saying who he was.  When Han complained about that, the doorman told him that he was only allowed to let in hot guys who looked like trouble.  When Earl got let in after that, I was rolling.  Not only because Earl fit into that category, but because Han was so angry about it.


Speaking of Earl, there was another funny moment when Caroline played Max's game of "Marry, Sleep With, Or Kill."  Caroline mistakenly thought she was supposed to consider Max and Earl and said she would sleep with Earl and marry Max.  I liked Earl's response to that:
I feel uncomfortable, Caroline.  Like I don't know how to look at you anymore.
Concerning Max and Johnny, I felt better knowing that she saw that they didn't belong together.  They do make a cute-looking couple, but their history together makes me hesitant about them being together in general.  I sort of let a sigh of relief to see her end things before she got hurt again.  They have some chemistry (that scene with them making out as gumballs rained down on them was nice), but I couldn't see Johnny sticking around or the fire between them lasting without Max knowing that she couldn't have him or vice-versa.  It's too bad, but I guess Max will have to stay single for a little while longer.

It's cool that Max's Cupcakes is open for business already, even if their party didn't make their goods fly off the shelves as they had probably expected.  I'm happy to see something hold them back a little bit because I'm not ready for them to be too successful yet (it wouldn't be any fun).  But I'm most happy that Max is smart enough to know when she has something real with someone and when she doesn't.  I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Johnny, but at least we probably don't have to expect that Max would ever to fool herself into thinking they should ever be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment