Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Property Of Ted Mosby

How I Met Your Mother, S08E10


Robin became obsessed with destroying Barney and Patrice's relationship, believing it was a sham, and snuck into Barney's house to find his playbook to prove to Patrice he wasn't who she thought he was.  Lily gave her mother-in-law advice on how to date again, and Marshall was freaked out when he found his mother and his father-in-law making out.  Ted was tired of his friends borrowing things and never returning them.

I like how Barney has seemed to calm down recently.  It's like ever since he's cut off his desire for Robin, he's become such a better person.  I could never imagine him dating someone like Patrice before, but the current Barney does seem like a genuinely nice guy who could be a good match for her.  I'm really enjoying how much it bothers Robin that Barney is dating Patrice, a woman that Robin can't speak to without screaming at her (the screaming makes me laugh).  However, she was getting really desperate and not listening to reason.  I'm sort of glad that she went to the trouble of finding Barney's playbook because Barney was able to show his resolve by burning it!  Wow.  He must be really ready to turn over a new leaf (or he has another copy somewhere or something).

My favorite thing about Robin's story was the end when all her friends cornered her with an intervention.  Yay!  I love when the gang does an intervention.  It feels like it's been a while because I had even forgotten about them until now.  Robin was getting out of hand, and I was happy to see them give her a damn wake up call.  Barbin's not gonna happen right now.

I didn't really care too much about Marshall's mom.  It was a little gross to think of anyone hooking up with Lily's dad, but it could be worse, I guess.  I'm sure that they will get tired of the "family with benefits" situation and move along.

Usually, I don't pay Ted's story any attention, but my favorite thing in this episode was Ted discovering (and the audience seeing) how much stuff everyone was borrowing from Ted without his knowledge.  Robin had taken his drill, Lily had his mini cooler, Barney had his Christmas decorations and trashcan, and Lily's dad had his campaign sweatshirt (eww--and was wearing nothing else).  I thought Ted was just complaining about something that didn't exist, as he tends to do, but he was so right about everyone just taking his stuff as if he's running a free store.  Oh, and I loved when Robin found the red boots that Ted had wrongly accused Stuart of never returning.  The crazy bitch was putting Ted's pocket knife to them and texted him a picture to threaten him to help her!  Another reason that Robin needed help and Ted needed to keep a tighter rope on his things.  I just spent the episode waiting for the next thing with Ted's label on it to appear (even his label maker was at Barney's--awesome).

This is definitely one of the better episodes I've watched within the last two seasons.  I say that because I'd actually want to watch it again.  I'm pretty satisfied with Barney dating Patrice, and I hope that Robin will finally learn to let go.  Barbin can wait a little while because we all know that it's going to happen one day down the road.  It was really funny to see how all of Ted's friends take advantage of him.  It's nice to be reminded that I used to like Ted and his seemingly crazy complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment