Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Shut It, Carol!

2 Broke Girls, S02E12



The girls were having trouble paying rent so Max was selling cupcakes to some potheads who needed snacks.  They upgraded into selling pot cupcakes and were surprised when they met Andy at their delivery site.

Of course, Caroline wouldn't be cool with Max selling cupcakes to people who are getting high, but if you think about it, when they sell cupcakes to anyone, they might be taking them home and enjoying them as a snack with their pot.  Caroline was being her usual annoying self, getting in the way of Max's profitable idea.  I mean, they didn't have much choice doing something a little shady when Caroline had too much pride to borrow money from Andy.  I was like, seriously?  You're going to be that proud when you're crawling on floors and jumping out of windows to avoid payment?

Anyway, one of my favorite parts was when Caroline was so proud that she had followed Max to find out that she was really following some guy with long, black hair.  I loved that not just because Caroline thought he was Max, but later when the guy was getting arrested, his girlfriend came out looking and sounding like Caroline.  They had somehow stumbled upon their meth doppelgangers.  Loved it.   Later, when Sophie came knocking at their door after they had finished making the pot cupcakes, Caroline shouted out just like Carol had when her boyfriend was being arrested.  I loved that Max responded to her the same way the guy had to Carol:
Shut it, Carol!  Shut it!
I was expecting that I would like Caroline being stoned since she said it made her personality change, but she was sort of worse than she was before.  I guess being overly positive is slightly better than all doom and gloom.  Then again, I guess it just depends how you do the latter.  Caroline wasn't being very funny about it--she was just sort of ruining their chance to get any money.  She also crushed that chance when she tossed out their cupcakes at Andy's arrival and hopped out to the fire escape.  The only thing I did like about her being high is that she had phone sex with Max.  It's funny because I'm not surprised she called her at all (especially with her admitting she'd marry Max if given three choices).

It was sweet that Andy gave Caroline money and said his success was pointless if he couldn't share it with her.  He's the best.  Caroline better never screw it up with him.  It was also sweet of the diner people to come and give money for the girls' rent.  I expected Caroline to turn down their money too, but luckily calling themselves family made her swallow her pride.  Wow.  I was sort of surprised that Han contributed because I kinda feel like he's a little pissed they're not working so hard at his business anymore.  Then again, he did succumb to Max's demands that he sit at their shop and eat eight cupcakes.  Either he is really afraid of her or he wants them to be successful on some level (maybe both).

I think I would have liked this episode even better if Caroline wasn't such a wet blanket about the pot.  Sure, it put their business into a gray area, but they gotta hustle if they want their business to stay afloat until they get a real customer base.  I hope by next time they have a better plan for getting the money so they don't have to hop out of windows to avoid their landlord.  If not, I hope they find something interesting like pot cupcakes again.  It's both an entertaining and cool idea.

1 comment: