Wednesday, January 30, 2013

So Tired Of Mindy's Guys

The Mindy Project, S01E13


Mindy realized that even though she was sleeping with Brendon, he wasn't committed to dating her.  She was able to meet someone nice at a party, but she bailed on him and went back to Brendon when the guy was too close with his female best friend.  Mindy later saw Brendon at a movie theater with another girl, making it clearer that their relationship was anything but exclusive.  Danny was surprised when Jillian seemed to suddenly break up with him.  Everyone at the office suggested he do some kind of grand gesture to get her back.

Pretty much from start to finish in this episode I was yelling inside at Mindy.  Why is she still with Brendon in any capacity??  It is infuriating.  It makes it worse that it's clear that Brendon plays it breezy with women, while Mindy is always thinking of things getting more serious.  I really wanted her to stab him with that knife she keeps under her pillow when he so casually turned down her invitation to go to the party with her.  Brendon is the worst person for someone so love-hungry like Mindy to be with!  I don't know why she keeps inviting these despicable guys into her heart and bed.

I don't remember the name of the guy she met at the party, but he seemed all right.  I don't particularly like the way that his best friend is such a heavy presence in his life.  The way he chatted with his bestie on the phone right in front of Mindy was worthy of a bed knife as well.  They were having such a good conversation with each other and making a connection.  Once he called his friend, though, it instantly changed from a great date to a waste of time.  I don't blame Mindy for running out.  However, I wanted to slap her for thinking Brendon was a better choice.  I'm almost glad, though, she did go to that asshole Brendon because seeing how he treated her at the movie theaters made the new guy look pretty good in comparison.

It was a little embarrassing to see Mindy dress up like Indiana Jones and accidentally whip herself in front of a Latin class for a guy, but at least she hasn't thrown in the towel yet.  I like that she keeps trying.  After what happened to her in those few days we saw, I would think she would take a little break from dating.  I just hope that making an ass out of herself will be worth it for this new guy.  She's still got to compete with his best friend.  Don't think that issue is going to go away no matter who she dresses up like.

Jillian dumping Danny was very expected.  I felt bad for her the first few seconds I saw her with Danny at the party.  If only that idiot had listened to Mindy about how he was really lucky to have her, instead of taking her for granted.  He might as well been dating a doll if he wasn't going to listen to anything Jillian had to say.  No wonder she felt he was a jerk.  It's a shame because lately I've felt like Danny 's gotten a bit better about looking like an asshole, but obviously he's not quite there yet.  Still, I give him points for trying to get back together with Jillian.  He could have just ignored the advice completely.  Then again, I'm annoyed that he walked out of Julianne in the first place when she was breaking up with him without letting her explain.  No matter who was being dumped, you should listen to the end, jerk.

I didn't hate this episode, but it did make me really mad.  I don't know how many more pieces of trash I can watch Mindy be with.  She really knows how to pick some scumbags.  For once, I'd like her to meet a guy who doesn't deserve to be stabbed with a knife in her bed.  Hopefully this new guy will meet this criteria.  Although, with him having such an overly-involved girl friend, it's not looking too good right now.  Danny is probably hopeless as he is right now.  If he ever wants another girl like Jillian, he's going to need a major makeover with his attitude (or maybe just a girl like Mindy who can tolerate his ways).

No comments:

Post a Comment