Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trading Z's For Some G's

2 Broke Girls, S02E12


The girls found out they had forgotten about a huge order of cupcakes due to their lack of sleep.  They snuck out of the diner earlier by faking an illness and tried to bake a thousand cupcakes in a limited time span while being extremely sleep deprived.

I was impressed by a lot of things in this story.  One being that Han is so nice that he keeps Caroline and Max around when they are sleeping blatantly in front of customers.  I guess he's just a super-understanding guy.  It was more amazing that after Max and Caroline faked being sick to cut work and then needed Han's help later, that he agreed.  He's just a big ol' sweetheart.  I mean, Max was piling on the short jokes and he still let them use his ovens.  They really owe him big.  The most impressive thing was that they were able to bake all those cupcakes in such a short time even with Earl and the others' help and especially since they ruined the majority of them at the near end.  Realistically, they shouldn't have been able to pull it off.  Not without one of them falling asleep in the oven or something.  A missing earring was like the least worst thing that could have happened.

I kept thinking there must have been some way they could have checked all those cupcakes without destroying them.  I mean, like sticking a toothpick or something in them?  I dunno.  Caroline probably wasn't thinking at full capacity when she just started tearing them up so quickly.  I would have tried to think of another way.  After all, once they covered them in frosting, I doubt anyone would notice a hole or two.  What a waste.  It was a bigger waste when you think about the earring not even being in any of them.  I guess it was just a way to add more drama and get that Andy issue out in the open.

I'll have to side with Caroline about it being a little weird that Max continued to be friends with Andy after the breakup.  They do have a good friendship and all, but there's no way for it not to be weird when Caroline and Andy still have some feelings for each other.  It would always be awkward and they wouldn't be able to keep Caroline completely out of it.  To my dismay, Andy did the right thing and broke up with Max too.  Aww.  They make such good besties.  Plus, Max loved all that free candy he could give her.  But she'd soon be looking like the worst friend ever to Caroline if she kept texting and talking to Andy as if nothing had happened.  Now I really wish Andy and Caroline would get back together some day.  Love the exchanges between Andy and Max that we'll not get to enjoy anymore.  Boo.

The funniest thing I found in this story was when Caroline was doing her guy voice terribly and she asked Max to let her hear hers.  Max responding that she's doing her guy voice right now was cute.  I liked it even better when Caroline and Max laughed at it together like they were going insane from lack of sleep.

Something that also caught my attention was when Max noted Andy's "Bradley Cooper tone."  He actually sort of looks like that actor--I wouldn't have noticed that before.  No wonder I think Andy is pretty good looking.  Which once again makes me sad if he's not going to make an appearance every now and then.

I liked this episode.  I don't know why, but it was sort of exciting to see hundreds of cupcakes being made.  It was incredible that they got it done in the state they were in and were able to collect $4,000 for it--damn.  If the girls keep this up, they may be in pretty good shape.  Just wish that Caroline and Andy's reunion was in good shape.  Unfortunately, it looks like the two have agreed to close the chapter on that book.  It doesn't stop me for wishing for their reconciliation, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment